Monday, August 18, 2008

Ivorian Peanut Butter Tomato Sauce ala Vanda

Highly recommended by my best friend, Vanda. She sent these simple instructions in an email after telling me how yummy it was. I made it and my husband, who never has an opinion about what I should make for meals, actually told me that this is one dish he'd like to see very often :) So Vanda, as far as I'm concerned, this is a 5 star dish :)

Stir fry 2 sliced onions and 2 cloves crushed, minced garlic in oil. Put in 2 heaping spoons of peanut butter, stir, then add 4 fresh beef tomatoes cut in quarters. Add a little bit of water, and season with salt, pepper, and chili to taste. For non-vegetarians, put whole cooked chicken in.

Serve on top of nice sticky rice.

Tip from Vanda: You want the tomatoes to remain intact
and some tomato juice to be incorporated with the
peanut butter. May add small spoon of tomato pureee
for flavor & concentrated feel to sauce.


I halved the recipe this morning when making it for my husband's lunch and served it over brown basmati rice. This was actually one of my first posts but every time I make it I either forget to take the picture, or we make it at night when the lighting was bad at our house. So today, I figured if I wanted to post this recipe with the picture, I better take the picture today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bai, this looks far better than the one i make! :) which reminds me we need to make some, it has been over a year since we had our last sauce arrachide. :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I think you're delusional. Thanks SO MUCH for the recipe. Jeremy thanks you even more :)