Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fatoush

If any of you are in the Orlando, FL area, go by and drop by Tony's. Tony's Deli is a small Middle-Eastern restaurant, run by one of the nicest lebanese families. It was here that I was first introduced to fatoush and babaganoush and where I would come to get my fatoush and babaganoush fix. Fatoush is a lebanese salad with toasted pita pieces and one of my most favorite salads. I threw one together last night because our blender is broken and we couldn't use our spinach in our green smoothie.

1 pita bread cut into small pieces and toasted under grill
1 cup diced cucumber
1/2 head of lettuce, chopped (I usually use several handfuls of spinach)
4 tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 T olive oil


Combine all above in deep dish, mix and serve.

And that's all folks! I usually throw a pita in the oven until it's crispy and then break it apart. This salad is even good the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome, will have to make fatoush for jon!