Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vegan French Toast (and Fraffle misadventures)

Today I decided to be brilliant and different by making my "French toast" in a waffle iron and creating the Fraffle. I only succeeded in being different. I was feeling far from brilliant during the 15 minutes of scraping pieces off my waffle iron after my first attempt. Nevertheless, I did it again (like I said, less than brilliant) and was able to get this picture.

I recommend making French toast the way everybody else does. In a pan. But without eggs and milk.

1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 T maple syrup
1 tsp vamilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 slices bread


Combine milk, flour, syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon in a dish and stir until well mixed. Soak bread slices until soft but not soggy. Cook in skillet until golden brown.

I actually grabbed the wrong container and put nutmeg instead of cinnamon this morning. Still good. Love this French toast. I am not a big fun of the eggy taste of French toast so this is perfect for me.

No comments: