Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vegan Crepes

I love this crepe recipe because it doesn't use eggs or milk. And still tastes yummy.














1/2 cup nutmilk of choice
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil (I use grapeseed)
1 T brown sugar
2 T maple syrup (optional)
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (I usually use whole wheat)
1/4 tsp salt
1 T vanilla


In a large mixing bowl, blend all ingredients. Cover and chill the mixture for 2 hours. (When I am too busy I skip this step but it does make the batter MUCH easier to work with if you let it sit at least an hour.  I also usually add sometimes up to 1/2-1 cup of water of soymilk to thin the batter enough to swish around the whole pan easily. After a while, the batter tends to thicken. I don't always have maple syrup on hand so I sometimes skip it altogether with still good results).

Lightly grease 5-6 inch skillet with some oil. Heat until hot. Pour approximately 3 T batter into skillet. (I use more--use enough to cover your pan, add more water if it doesn't "swirl" appropriately). Swirl to make the batter cover the skillet's bottom. Cook until golden, flip, and cook on opposite side.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

maniac said...

girl, now that u r back, u should continue, just because i am stopping means nothing ;-)